This service is for adults registered with a GP in the NHS Mid Essex area who:
- have had a fragility fracture - hip, wrist, spine.
- have had a fall, slip or trip in the past 12 months.
- have gait or balance problems.
- have been assessed by a clinician as at high risk of falling.
- are on medication known to cause falls, such as psychotropes, antiarrhythmics, antihypertensives, opiates or sedatives.
- have a long-term condition, such as Parkinson’s, stroke, or arthritis.
- Those receiving care in an acute hospital environment for an injury/trauma, or an episode/exacerbation of illness or self-harm.
- Those receiving a period of intensive support to enable them to remain in their own home. For example, if they're not mobilising or transferring on their own or with assistance and/or are being hoisted.
- Those affected by cognitive impairment or significant confusion, but only where there is established evidence that engagement with the programme would offer no benefit and every attempt has been made to address their needs.